Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Queer

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
One of Allison's friends has started using the term "Gays and Friends" instead of "the LGBT(Q) community" because it's easier to remember and easier to say (three syllables as opposed to nine). I'm writing my paper proposal for Queer Film and Video and I had to stop myself from writing "gays and friends" because it almost slipped out.

Also, we watched Survivor in TV class yesterday and when I came home, I told Molly that there should be an all queer cast one season, and she started talking about how you could separate the people, that transgenders could be in the middle, and then started talking about how all the people should be black (keep in mind that Molly is pale with freckles and red hair...and she somehow slipped into a weird Southern accent while talking) and that it'd be an island full of different sexualities and religions. "We could call it" (big sweeping hand gesture) "AFRICA!"


"They like both sides!"
"What? That's what a bisexual is, Molly. Not a transgender."
"No, that's not what I meant! They understand both sides. So they could be in the middle."


"You'd have the African American Africans and then the Native American Africans and then the Muslims...and the Native Africans. Hm. What could we call them?"
"Africans?"

"And they'd all be black!"
"Molly, go back into your room and shut the door and let me finish watching I Love Money 2."

2 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates