Friday, May 29, 2009

Lipstick has a way of leaving more than just a mark on my sheets.

Friday, May 29, 2009
1. I get all of my information from Facebook. When Prop 8 was upheld, I wasn't informed via newspaper or television; I went on Facebook and saw everyone's "Fuck California" statuses and then checked CNN.com. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing, but we're in an age where Facebook and Twitter are being used for more than just keeping in touch with people (even the Cutler Majestic Theatre has a Twitter/FBook for advertising purposes). I guess as long as I'm getting news, the way I'm getting it doesn't matter. Right?

2. Molly's lending me her "Practicing to Take the GRE General Test" book and I started reading it. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to go to grad school, but I should be prepared, just in case. I need to talk to more people about it; the ASB advisor has been giving me advice and has been a lot of help, and I need to make a final decision. I'm probably going to freak out about this like I did with the SATs, and like I do with just about everything else. I kind of liked taking the SATs. I don't know why. And yes, I know how weird that makes me.

3. Even though I have a huge stack of books to read (which just doubled because I went to the library and checked out books to use for thesis research), I'm buying Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex, by Mary Roach, and The Year of Living Biblically: One Man’s Humble Quest to Follow the Bible As Literally As Possible, by A.J. Jacobs. We had to read one of Mary Roach's books in the Death Class I took in the fall (Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers) and I loved Roach's writing style; informative and witty, always interesting. And something (Jessa, I think) told me about someone who tried living exactly how the Bible dictates, just to prove how ridiculous it is to try to do so, so I'm excited for that one. I was raised Catholic, but one of the biggest problems I have with the Catholic church is how much people pick and choose what to take from the bible. Specifically in terms of condemning homosexuality.

4. I took a bunch of online quizzes and found that I: am Piggy from Lord of the Flies, am a Pomeranian, am Elmo, should live in Paris, should have majored in computer science (ew), am Carrie Bradshaw, am a mix of Monica Geller and Rachel Green, and a bunch of other things I can't remember right now. Great use of time.

5. Forty days until the Hey Monday concert and Blink 182/Fall Out Boy/Panic at the Disco a little less than 2 months after that (tickets haven't gone on sale yet, but we're going, I think).

6. I've taken a break from Game Show Network to watch the first season of MTM.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates