Friday, April 24, 2009

Dawson's Creek

Friday, April 24, 2009
First of all, I like teen dramas. I accept it and embrace it. The OC, My So-Called Life, Buffy, 7th Heaven, Gossip Girl, Popular, Roswell, even sitcoms like Saved by the Bell. I'd never watched Dawson's Creek, and Tracie gave me seasons 2 and 4 a couple of years ago, so I found the first season on Amazon for under $15 and started watching it yesterday. Sometimes it looks a little flat and there are some bad lighting choices, but for the most part, it's enjoyable and engages me. But I get sucked into things relatively easily, so that needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I like teen conflict, and the affair between Pacey and his teacher is interesting. However, sometimes the dialogue is too old for the high schoolers, the theme song makes me cringe, and the placement of Capeside is throwing me off. It's supposed to take place in Massachusetts. Fine. Dawson's father made a reference to a trip they took to the Cape, and when Joey's sister is having her baby, the ambulance is all the way in Duxbury. But then during the hurricane, the two other towns with schools closed were Falmouth and Yarmouth. What? LOOK AT A MAP WHEN YOU'RE WRITING THE SCRIPT.

1 comment:

  1. That was the big joke back when the show aired - no high schooler every had a vocabulary like any of those kids had. I think people just kinda started to look past it after a while and chalk it up to creative license. :p

    It starts to get less cheesy as the seasons progress.

    ReplyDelete

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates