Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm bringing sassy back

Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Tonight I went to the Believers Never Die Part Deux tour at the Tsongas Arena in Lowell. The tour is headlined by Fall Out Boy, and the other bands included are Hey Monday, Metro Station, All Time Low, and Cobra Starship. I'm not going to go into a huge recap because the show was 4.5 hours long and come on, no one likes reading wicked long recaps. But there are a few things I want to mention.

~The pit was the most ridiculous one I've been in. I thought the Paramore one was bad. Nope. These emo-rock-punk-whatever groups have crazy pits. Even crazier than any Evanescence pit I've been in, or the two Family Values ones. There was a lot of shoving and elbowing and stepping on people. We started out near the back (which was really the middle) and by the end of the second band's set, I'd pushed my way to right behind the barricade. The only reason I was able to do this was because of all the moshing and crazy thirteen year olds. They're fun to push. The sixteen and seventeen year olds know what they're doing, and I'm sure I have a ton of bruises, but the little ones just get shoved out of the way. I also couldn't keep my arms at my sides, I had to keep them up so I could elbow people, and now it hurts to move them.

~Hey Monday was amazing. Cassadee has an incredible voice and sounds exactly like she does on the Hey Monday CD, which is a rarity for female performers (from what I've seen, anyway, which isn't much). She was also adorable.

~Metro Station was really good as well. I don't really know their music, but they were wicked energetic and fun. Yelled at the crowd a lot.

~All Time Low. AHH. They're my favorite band on the tour, besides FOB, and they didn't disappoint me. Someone threw a bra on stage during their set, so they started collecting them. Told the crowd that they were going to try to get a record number of bras. So a ton of girls threw their bras on stage. Originally, the bras were hanging from a mic stand but there were so many that it fell over.

~Cobra Starship is better live than they are on CD. I saw them last year at the Honda Civic Tour (also headlined by FOB) and I think I liked them a little, but when I was listening to music last week to try to learn it for the show, Cobra was my least favorite band. But they opened with The City is at War and also played Bring It (Snakes on a Plane), and Cassadee came out and sang for that one. The audience loves them and they love the audience and are amazing performers.

~FOB is FOB. They're fantastic on stage. A bunch of people from the other bands came out randomly to perform with FOB (not just singers...Cassadee came out for Sugar We're Going Down, but guitarists and bassists came out too). They just really know what they're doing. People can make fun of FOB all they want, but they put on a damn amazing show.

~One of the best things is that even though the four opening bands aren't necessarily as big as FOB, the crowd still knew the music, and the bands still were energetic and loved the audience.


My ears are still ringing, my legs are sore, and I can't move my arms (and I have to go bang out a presentation I'm supposed to do in one of my classes...oops...) so I'm going to stop gushing, but damn. So worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Monday and Cobra Starship are my favorites on that tour and LOL @ ATL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i was at this concert! i totally know what you mean! it was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates